Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Incognito

I was walking by the fireplace earlier today, and I saw this random baby in the swing. I had no idea who it was. Like Superman hides his true identity through the ingenious use of some horn-rimmed glasses, so Bronwen fooled me completely, the little chameleon.
Despite her stealthy disguise, I soon figured out that it was my little girl and not a much smaller Elton John. Truth be told, she was trying to hide and avoid going to the doctor, not that I blamed her much. After I reprimanded her for trying to fool me, we headed over to the pediatrician's office. Bronwen has slowed on her weight gain and is now only a delicate 18 pounds, 6 ounces, falling in the 50th percentile. However, her head circumference puts her into the 75th percentile, verifying what both Aunt Jan and I already knew--Bronwen is taking after us in her cranial enormity. Hurray for big brains!

Bronwen was excellent at the doctor's, despite waiting an hour and a half. In fact, she behaved so well, we decided to practice her super-spy skills outside. I allowed her to don her disguise and practice her subtle blending in to the scenery. I know--you hardly notice her at all!
(Pay no attention to the PJ pants and toes in the bottom of the picture--my darn neighbors...always getting in the pictures. Umm, yeah.)

Like Mission Impossible, Bronwen knew she had to destroy her super disguise afterwards by any means possible.
After the glasses were properly disposed,

I said, AFTER Bronwen destroyed the super-spy goggles...

(much better) we just hung out in the great outdoors until I saw a mosquito trying to attack my baby. Luckily, I am pretty stealthy myself and managed to kill the beast before it gave my baby West Nile.

All in all, a good day. I wonder how Bronwen will try to disguise herself next? Stay tuned...

4 comments:

mimi said...

Brilliant super spy Bronwen - eat the evidence. Or perhaps one could surmise: beautiful Bronwen basking in the backyard boldly blinking her baby blues....

Okay I'm done...

Anonymous said...

Bronwen

I think Sparkles has been too close to the glue while making you sparkly things...

Anonymous said...

Miniature Elton John...I can't stop cracking up.

Perhaps your spying ability can help you make your way to Aunt Jan's where she can teach you about super spy head gear. It is rumored she was once the woman of a thousand hats, even with a ginormous head :)

Anonymous said...

I miss live action Bronwen and why new post. Aunt Jan is very sad :(