Friday, November 9, 2007

I am not Ralphie

It all began innocently enough...

While we were in NC, Sue gave Bronwen a pink blanket. No big deal, so one would think. Living in Louisiana, you realize that there aren't many opportunities to use blankets since it's usually 70 degrees or warmer 85% of the time. Luckily, we have just entered into the 15% season, or close enough to where it gets chilly in the evenings.

So Wednesday night I have a meatloaf in the oven, some potatoes roasting away beside them, and Bronwen and I decide to head outside to enjoy the evening and await TJ's return. Outside we see Leslie, so we go over and chat with her for a bit until Mary Anne next door beckons us over to visit with her. Bronwen is clad in her warm PJs, but I begin to notice her nose is turning pink and her cheeks are becoming a little ruddy in appearance.

I think to myself, "Self, B is getting cold, and inside we have that super new pink blanket that Sue got Bronwen in NC!"

I run inside with Bronwen, get it and...

















Yeah. I know.

Thing is, she seemed so happy wearing it! We bundled up, and Bronwen tasted it to make sure it passed her remarkably high standards:

Apparently, it did in fact pass quality control. She was so thrilled that we immediately went back outside to wait for her Daddy to get home. Sadly, after about 20 minutes, he still hadn't arrived, so I made the executive decision to return inside to see what other great things Bronwen had up her sleeve. She did, in fact, discover something new and uncharted!
What was it, you inquire?

Noooo, not Pepper!

But the picture hints at it. What ever could it be?






Her Feet!

Yep, they had been there the entire time, and now Bronwen is excited to know she can play with them any time she wants.
By the way, apologies to Bronwen for inadvertently making her look like Ralphie, but since she also looks like Fozzie, a doozer, and the entire Lollipop Guild, I figure she has a future in the CIA as a Superspy. I hope so, because I always wanted a phone in my shoe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so worth the wait in the line. I hope she is a super spy too because I have always wanted one of those face changing masks :) How long until Pepper claims the blanket?

Anonymous said...

Sister you moved and you didn't tell me? Now i have to change my ticket :)

Anonymous said...

A doozer! Glad I'm finally reading this...you are an amazing scribe. Will you write my blog?