Friday, February 15, 2008

Chase!

Just like her Aunt Jana, Bronwen loves to invent new games. This one I discovered as I went into her nursery to get her from a nap. I walked in and said, "Hello my sweet Baby!" and she giggled at me and started crawling around in her crib like she was hiding. This was great fun for her, so she decided to carry the game over using the entire house as her running track. The game is as follows: Bronwen decides to crawl away from me as fast as she can, with me crawling after her saying, "I'm going to get you!" (but not in a creepy way)
She races around the couch, stopping every so often to either check my progress, or to maintain visual contact to better plan her flight strategy.
Then she's off again--stopping only to look under the carpets for hidden dangers.

During the game, this is usually what I see--fleeing baby,
Finally, my reward for "catching" the elusive baby--a big smile, hugs, and lots of slobbery kisses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for new games!!!! There is nothing cuter than a pink stripe butt crawling away! I hope I get to play soon. I miss you.
XOXO
Aunt Jan

Veronica said...

So cute!! Hey what size is she in now? And are you still interested in clothing?

mimi said...

I LOVE the game! Can't wait for you to circle the Shelby house. We'll have so much fun my Bee. Aunt Jan could come too and we could have contests on who can crawl the fastest!