Saturday, May 23, 2009

Birthday Party

Wow, I am really tired or something because I just realized I never posted about Bronwen's birthday party. I admit I kind of skimped out a bit this year, deciding to keep it as small as possible just to save myself some stress. Thank goodness my wonderful sister is a rock star, as she handmade the invites and favors which made my party so much cooler than it would have been other wise. Anyhow, I kept the list short, just family this year. T.J.'s family is large enough that they are a party in themselves.

My parents and sister flew in from various regions of the country and stayed for the weekend. The party was simple--just an inflatable pool outside and delicious treats inside. Mom and Jana helped me decorate and prepare, and Dad provided the pork shoulder that would feed the masses.

Decorations:
Pool/sprinkler:
Table with rolls, artichoke squares, and tropical salad:Cake (chocolate):
The guests arrive and immediately jump in:
Three dips for appetizers, spicy broccoli, sun-dried tomato hummus, and white bean:Time for presents! (*note to self: no more maternity shirts when not pregnant. Wow, do I look terrible)

T.J. put together a slide show that played throughout the party. Here, Aunt Kadee, Jay, and Aunt T relax while watching the present opening.
Time for cake!

The aftermath:

3 comments:

Jana said...

Woo what a fun time that was! I wish I had some of that white bean dip now and I could probably cool off in a pool too! :)

Tiff said...

The cake + cupcakes = awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Wish that I could have been there! Everything looks perfect for a two year old's party!