Sunday, December 30, 2007

Crawling, Pt II

Bronwen decided it was time to show everyone her superb crawling abilities. I asked her if she was ready to show off her mad skills, and she replied with a resounding "Yes!" Yeah, okay, so she doesn't say much more than "Dadadadada," but I knew what she meant. She also displayed her bottom teeth in the process. If I had known it would have been that easy, I would have done the crawling pictures before I wrestled her to the ground for the tooth pic. Oh well.

Here we go--Bronwen has a big smile and is preparing to pivot to demonstrate "the crawl."


Bronwen shows the proper position: flat back, hands planted firmly on the ground. Her knee is semi-lifted, ready to begin the super-fast crawl away--kind of the baby equivalent of revving the engine.


She's off! With TJ begging her to come to him, our Bronwen shows she has a mind of her own and decides to circle around the island. That's my girl--taking the path less-traveled.

For the finale--sadly, since Bronwen mastered crawling, this is the view we are seeing the most around here. Cute, yes, and fleeting. She is a girl on the move, with places to go. Gotta run for now--she's off on another adventure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness you are non-stop. Tell the truth I bet Pepper was on the other side of that island :) I can see we need to talk to your momma about taking fanny pictures. She comes by it honestly though because I think Sparkles has gotten one of all of our bums :)

I can't wait to see you crawl in person :)

Love you,
Aunt Jan

ps how do you get your eyebrows so perfect? I am very jealous.

Anonymous said...

Bronwen
You must be on a grand adventure or your momma must be tired from chasing you...

Aunt Jan misses you...

mimi said...

My little Bee is just trying to find Mimi - and she navigates so well. Soon she won't be disappointed for she'll round a corner and there I'll be!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! You are in for a new treat now! Also, she'll be wearing a lot of pants now. No skirts or dresses for awhile. I never thought about that until she started crawling in a skirt one day and I was like huh, that doesn't work so great. Baby gates are so wonderful! They really will take a lot of worry off of your mind. It took some adjusting to have them up every where all the time but it's a good thing. And when she starts walking in a couple of months, you'll like them more. Is she pulling up too?