Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Taste the Rainbow

I've been meaning to do this post for about a month now, but it's taken some time to gather the proper photos. Bronwen began eating "real" food about 6 weeks ago, and I posted a picture of her eating bananas. Since then, she has had the opportunity to try many different foods.

She wasn't too sure about the peas.

But the butternut squash was hilarious.


She thought the sweet potatoes were worth a grin or two.

The pears, however, made her so happy, her hair curled.


Now a recap of the feeding process.

Bronwen sits in her high chair, hands in position, her eye never leaving the spoon. She has her bib straight, her hair fixed, and her appetite whetted.
The spoon descends, courtesy of T.J., and Bronwen happily opens wide and the spoon disappears in the wide abyss of her mouth.

The spoon is out and she feels and tastes the food in her mouth, deciding whether or not it's worth another bite. Luckily she approves of the pear/apple combo and voraciously eats the remainder of her food.


She is a great eater--just like her parents--but she still isn't buying into the prunes I made for her. I can't blame her much, although I think they are quite tasty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bronwen

Just say no to the prunes. You are a baby not an old man, although when you were a wee lass you had a couple of funny old man faces. I think you are funny holding on to your tray, such a serious eater. Do you think they might let you try out to be a judge on Iron Chef?

Lots o love
Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest eating of squash I have ever seen -- and no mean feat. Bronwen!

mimi said...

So dear Bee, how much of the leftovers did your Daddy slurp up?
I know first hand how well he cleans up leftovers (probably even prunes!!!)

Anonymous said...

I think I like the 'pea face' best!