Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It wasn't pretty...

But I got it!
First I tried to entice Bronwen's cooperation by telling her we were playing a fun game with the camera. She was excited.So excited, in fact, that she wanted to help by playing with the camera strap. It took me a little while to distract her from the exciting, dangling string.

Then I had to get her used to my playing with her lip whilst flashing the camera in her face. This was so. much. fun. Yeah, she didn't like it--mainly because of the red eye part of the flash.

Then I tried to pull down the lip while discouraging the tongue from popping out. It is quite hard to tell a tongue what to do. It was a ballet of sorts, involving more drool and shrieking. I would see her tooth winking at me, but alas, the camera wasn't snapping the photo in time to capture the elusive white beast.

Then there it was, my great white whale. Kindly ignore the extreme close-up harshness; none of us looks good from this particular angle, right? I assure you no babies were harmed in the making of this blog entry. But there it is--you can see it! One tooth poking through, and it's little companion (not pictured clearly) just starting to emerge.


After it was all over, Bronwen wanted to assure everyone that she was indeed okay. Tooth: 73, Jen: 1 . It was all I needed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your tooth is so cute just like you. I hope the tooth fairy has started to save up because I hear the going rate for teeth is $50.

You can thank me later Bronwen *wink wink*

Love you and your little tooth,
Aunt Jan