Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy Weekend

Just some pics of some of my Halloween decorations:
Mantle, with model:
Baker's rack village, and the bats to work, just in seizure-inducing mode:
Dining room table:Saturday began early. TJ and I got up before the sun and actually awakened our Bronwen (first parenting rule: never wake a sleeping baby if you can help it!), so we could head downtown for a health assessment. Basically this means they give flu shots, draw some blood, get your weight, BMI, blood pressure, etc. After the nurses groaned at TJ's low body fat percentage, and I dropped the pregnancy excuse as much as humanely possible, we headed over to the market area for breakfast.

After eating and watching 3 old people play the dulcimers (for which Bronwen clapped enthusiastically), we headed over to the campus of LSU to participate the the Alzheimer's walk/run. TJ and Bronwen were there to run in the 5 k.

I, on the other hand, participated in walking the 5k. Here Bronwen recreates my walking position, including my patented "arm pump," and my "pass me and suffer" glare:

Afterwards, we ate some jambalaya and enjoyed the sunshine. Bronwen refused to wear a hair clip, so her curls were a bit out of control. Even TJ had one or two of his own escaping from his hat.Bronwen was so excited to meet the Keebler Elf, and she blew him lots of kisses. I think he was taken with her, as he blew some right back her way.
We visited the children's village area where TJ and Bronwen tried to blow some bubbles. Sadly the wands were defunct, so no bubbles ever appeared, despite Bronwen's expert bubble blowing technique.
Finally we returned home to eat lunch and play in the yard. Bronwen enjoys the cats' squirt bottle, and I made a foolhardy error in showing her how to squirt it. Yes, water water everywhere! Bronwen really loves the kitty on her shirt. Thank goodness Mimi and Aunt Jana keep her stylish during this spooky season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk about a busy weekend! Looks like you guys had a blast! Bronwen's outfit is too cute, and I love your fireplace decorations!!!!