Monday, October 6, 2008

The Secret is Out

The secret being that I am pregnant of course. My discerning, observant readers have long ago noted my new pregnancy ticker across the top of my blog, but if you haven't been paying attention, now you can check it out as well.

I am having another bundle of joy in April, and no, I'm not going to find out whether it is a boy or girl. I can wait. I think.

As a result, TJ and I decided it was time to add to the family--besides the baby, we have purchased a new vehicle. I introduce to you, world, our new minivan. It is a 2006 Toyota Sienna, and I actually am quite pleased with the color. I was trepidatious at first about transitioning from a small, get-wherever-you-want-to-go Jetta to the official mom-mobile of suburban America, but honestly, I love it. It is fun to drive, and I am ready to embrace the fact that while a dozen clowns may fit in the back of a Volkswagen, two car seats, sadly, cannot. As an added bonus, it will be much more comfy for our 12-hour trek to North Carolina for Thanksgiving, thank you lumbar supports (for T.J.) and a DVD player in the back!

Mission control:

7 comments:

mimi said...

I am so happy you have a nice, safe mode of transportation for your upcoming trip to Mimi's. Now we can all go for a ride together :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Jana said...

maybe not all of us....

Jana said...

We are so excited that we get to be an Aunt and Uncle again. We are not so excited about the minivan, unless it has a corvette engine of course...

XOXO
Aunt Jan and Uncle Pete

Tiff said...

WHAT?!?!? You're pregnant?
Just kidding.
I like the van and the color!
We'll see you in November. :)

Leslie said...

I want a mini van...

Babsy said...

I can see the soccer balls in the back seat