Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Pumpkin

We had a great afternoon yesterday. T.J. came home and suggested we go to the pumpkin patch which is right up the road from our house. I thought it was a fantastic idea.

Just al little reminder of what a difference a year can make:
Bronwen was so happy in the pumpkin patch. She kept running around from one flat of pumpkins to the next, exploring and inspecting along the way.
Here she spotted a scarecrow, and instead of checking him out...she decided to arrange the pumpkins on his tree stump.
She had a minute to two to give an Eskimo kiss to her daddy:
And play in the hay with me. She just didn't want to sit on the bales. Oh no--instead she wanted to move them, handful by handful.
There were some odd pumpkins there--bumpy and lumpy, and Bronwen enjoyed checking them out.
We didn't bring this one home, although it obviously wanted to be part of the family.
Bronwen actually picked out a couple of little pumpkins which we did bring home. She had a great time placing them in the yard, then on the sidewalk. It was when she started throwing them that we took them inside and placed them safely on the mantle. Perhaps she will work on decorating them today!

4 comments:

Tiff said...

B, you are just too cute. It's amazing that you were just a little pumpkin a year ago, and look at you now :)
J,
I think maybe the giant pumpkin in your lap is foreshadowing?

Jen said...

Ha! Yeah, I'm just getting ready...

Jana said...

I love these pics! You all are so cute. I love the one with Teej. I can't believe how big she has gotten. I just think it is a little sad that she has to clean up the pumpkin patch as well. I know she was dusting under the pumpkins on the stump!!!!

Babsy said...

OHHHH...my baby girl! She has really grown up!