Saturday, October 4, 2008

Thank You Mimi

Bronwen loves her new chair that Mimi brought to her all the way from NC. The following is an excerpt from an actual event that took place. Names and places may have been changed or omitted to protect the innocent.

One day a mom--we'll call her "Penny"--was walking through the living room. She spied a tiny person in a tiny chair. She caught the cute little girl by surprise. After this little munchkin recovered from the startling appearance of an adult, she quickly flashed an angry scowl to frighten the mom away.
"Penny" was not fooled for a moment by this faux display of aggression and asked the little tyke what she was reading in her nifty chair. The little girl kindly showed her the Halloween story she had just before been perusing.
The mom was so proud of her little bibliophile that she decided to leave her be, which made the little girl happy indeed.
I just realized you can see the nasty scrape she got falling out of the Corona chair (see post). My friend Melanie heard it happen, as I was on the phone with her at the time. Her arm landed on the bricks by the basil. My brave little warrior cried for 5 seconds--more because she got scared falling out of the chair. I don't think she ever realized she got hurt!

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Tis a very nice reading chair! Must be a good book, because I think I saw a picture of a cat in it.
What are you going to be for Halloween?

Anonymous said...

Oh...poor thing. She really didn't cry for more than a minute, did she?

Jana said...

Ah Bronwen, you are a girl after my own heart. I hate when people surprise me when I am reading in my special reading chair. Aunt Jan is sad...you look like you are 25 in this pictures. You are a big girl not my snuggly baby *sniff*