Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wow, Who Would Have Thought...

...there'd be SNOW in southern Lousiana?!

I could hardly believe my eyes--they were calling for a "wintry mix" which translates to rain, sleet, and maybe snow showers; obviously stuff melting before it could do anything. So last night when I went to sleep, I wasn't expecting this. TJ stayed home and got Bronwen up. SHe was pretty excited, until we brought her out into the stuff. Then...not so much. I think it was because these huge, fluffy flakes were falling on her face, cold and wet!




Here she is, venturing out into the snow for the first time. She usually will put on her hat, but today she was having none of it, as you can tell. Note to self: no hat attempts before breakfast.



We did get the hat on her, but the saturation point had been reached. We decided to enjoy the snow from the inside instead! So now Bronwen and T.J. are coloring away and the snow, sadly, has already turned into rain. It was nice while it lasted!



Happier pictures to come!

5 comments:

Jana said...

So beautiful! Bronwen, you are a funny girl. Aunt Jan doesn't like to be cold and wet either.

Babsy said...

I told Leslie that I needed to check your blog. I knew you'd have snow pics up already. Always on the ball.

Anonymous said...

Wow...snow? That is more accumulation than we've had. But it just snows constantly here, without much accumulation. Go figure!

I love Bronwen's coat!

Anonymous said...

I don't like the snow either...I'd much rather watch it from my living room! :)

Tiff said...

Shame on your momma telling you to look up and get snow in your eye! Tsk tsk!