Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday in the Park

Today was a full day indeed. We started off by heading downtown to the riverfront. T.J. was kind enough to park the van close to the river--after I explained that I just couldn't walk all over downtown like we would normally do. Granted, he and Bronwen ran ahead because he wanted to show her a freighter making its way down the Mississippi, but I didn't mind lumbering 100 paces behind. Once I caught up to them, Bronwen showed me where the boat had been.
Here we are in front of the Mississippi River bridge. It was extremely windy that day, and despite Bronwen's best efforts to tell the wind, "No!" it didn't seem to listen to her one bit. After the river, we headed over to the Capitol building; there are two lakes behind it and a lovely park. We packed a picnic and some food for the ducks, but we got there kind of early, so lunch wasn't really an option.

T.J. and Bronwen began to feed the multitudes of ducks, and little did I know that the nutria expected to have some food as well. Yes, nutria--aka giant rats. Those are not beavers. The were coming right up to Bronwen and T.J., and I was extremely nervous, having watched The Princess Bride one too many times.

I love this picture--I call it "T.J. and his mini-me"We decided to leave that area because of the aggressive rodents, and Bronwen was thrilled that some of the ducks chose to follow.

Finally, some pictures with her mama!
And just because some people want to know...this is what I look like without a toddler attached to my hip. I am due in about 4 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally! A belly shot! You look amazing! And the pics with the flowers are beautiful!