Sunday, October 28, 2007

NC Visit--Part Deux

Where was I? Oh yes, Stella and the nursing home...

After enjoying her visits with Great-Grandma, who kept wanting Bronwen to eat cookies and ice cream despite the fact that she only drinks milk right now, we would keep ourselves busy with many mentally taxing activities. First with Mimi, going shopping in Gastonia, which resulted in the following: (Mimi will have to work on building up her stamina for all day shop-a-thons)


Then with Dja Dja, bouncing on his belly and playing peek-a-boo around the couch. Dad always had a way with putting the ladies right to sleep:

Then there were just the regular old naps:

Every once in awhile I was lucky enough to join her. The whole visit wasn't just about sleeping, though. In order to make her daddy proud, Bronwen kept up her "tummy time" routine, working on her bulging muscles that will enable her to crawl around everywhere. I dread the day. Right now she can scoot a bit, but she can only go backwards. Note to self: Need to find a rear view mirror that can attach to babies.

My clever child also discovered that she could amuse us all by carefully placing herself on the Halloween blanket in the chair. It was a spontaneous move on her part, and it took the rest of us quite some time to realize what she had done. She had already moved on to playing with her toes by the time I got the camera out to take the photo. I just realized that she appears to be floating in midair. My baby can float--what can yours do?

I now know what she wants to be next year for Halloween. I'm sure Pepper would be more than happy to accompany her trick-or-treating.



The one disappointment for us all was that Aunt Jana couldn't make it down to visit due to working to abolish illiteracy in America. Aunt Jana, we salute your endeavor, but we hate that you couldn't join us. Bronwen was especially upset when she heard the sad news.Meanwhile, I am upset that I didn't crop my nose out of the photo. I bet you just looked at my nose in the photo, didn't you? Crap.

Anyhow, it is late, and I am tired, so I am going to wrap up the wrap up. I did find the following picture of my sister and me when we were younger. No particular reason for posting, except to show how darned cute we were. At least I know where Bronwen got the "crossed-eye" look. Thankfully she has grown out of that!

4 comments:

mimi said...

Mimi is perfectly capable of all day shopathons (as can be testified to my multitudinous friends). However, some things are just more important. (i.e. having your granddaughters heart beat with yours :)

Jen said...

Sorry about my ambiguous pronouns, Mimi, I meant to say you will have to work on building up BRONWEN'S stamina....

Anonymous said...

I am sad that I wasn't able to see you either and jealous that you could not take a nap on me! I think you will find I am still the softest nap in town.

Anonymous said...

oooh floaty Bronwen...

I love it!

You are definitely a superior baby!

Meanwhile what is going on with my hair in that picture... Sparkles must have been cutting my bangs drunk again!