Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bronwen's First Halloween

The best laid plans often go awry, and alas, that has happened to me twice now. Once last night for B's costume, and just now in publishing the blog. I had it almost complete, hit something, and lost it all. Argh! As a result, I am going to redo everything and publish bit by bit as I go because I know my loyal fans are anxiously awaiting photos of Halloween shenanigans. (Loyal fans=Aunt Jan) Thanks to Pepper for entertaining the baby using just herself and a brown paper bag.

The plan last night was simple, or so I thought. Bronwen had her spiffy velour pumpkin outfit all ready to go, minus the hat. The hat was cute and all, especially with the stylish pumpkin stem protruding from the top, but sadly, Bronwen's ginormous cranium prevented it from fitting any longer. (Aunt Jana and I often have that problem with hats-B comes by her abnormally large head circumference honestly.) After going to visit the neighbors as a pumpkin, we were going to go home, give her a bath, and put her in her Halloween jammies, courtesy of Aunt Jan who is a superstar and got the PJs to Bronwen in the nick of time. We were going to then head over the Michele's house for a Halloween shin-dig.

Unfortunately, the Louisiana sunshine thwarted our plans, as 82 degree weather and velour tend to be mortal enemies, and I just couldn't have Bronwen sweating her way through her very first Halloween. So we put her in her skeleton t-shirt that Mimi bought her and went over to the neighbors' houses.

We did go home, bathe B, and put her in her PJs. We made it to Michele's house, and she gave Bronwen the coolest hat--and it matched! Wait until you see...

Close-up of new hat:



Now, some views of Bronwen by the pumpkins on the front porch. Never fear, I was holding on to her to prevent falling!

We went back inside the house, and Pepper became immediately suspicious of the new "feline" interloper. Either that, or she wondered if a cat was eating her baby. Either way, she promptly poofed to look intimidating and checked out this new "creature."When Pepper couldn't quite figure out what to make of things, she beckoned reinforcements who possessed a bit more experience. Bronwen decided to play a game of peek-a-boo with them. Where's Bronwen?Here she is!!
All-in-all we had a great Halloween. TJ took other pictures, so check back to see any updates/additions.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am waiting. In fact I think there might be a little frost on me. It is not good for an aunt with a cold to sit out in a pumpkin patch all night....

Anonymous said...

Big Heads = Big Brains!

Although it sucks when you get a really cool Dumbledore's army hat (FREE!) and your big brain can't fit in it!

Anonymous said...

Hey when I went back to your entry pictures appeared. Good thing I am an internet stalker aunt. I LOVE the new hat. You are the cat's meow :)

ps good job Pepper!

pps I better stop commenting or people will think I have a problem

ppps I am your #1 fan! hmm where is my ax???

pppps B get your mom to explain the last ps when you are 15.

mimi said...

Bronwen is soooo lucky to have such adoring "sisters". I hope she shared some "treats" and they didn't trick her. :)

Anonymous said...

Love her hat. -Barbara