Sunday, April 20, 2008

Great Weekend

It was another beautiful weekend, and T.J., Bronwen, and I tried to make the most of it. We began on Friday afternoon with some light gardening. I went around trying to pull up a few weeds, and Bronwen tried to help. Sadly, many a bloom met its untimely demise. She thought they were pretty, which they are, so I couldn't blame her.

That evening we spent outside trying to see the purple martins flying around their house. T.J. was up on a ladder working his camera. I told him I didn't want the neighbors getting concerned and calling "the fuzz." We didn't want to spend the day trying to free him from the pokey. Luckily, no one mistook him for a peeping Tom, and he ended up with some good shots.

Saturday began with the perfect morning--sunny and cool--so I told T.J. we should drive over to the lakes at the University and look for some birds. We got there, and birds we did indeed find. Ducks! Everywhere! If you don't already know, ducks are Bronwen's favorite. Whenever she sees them in books or hears you say "Quack, Quack," she smiles and giggles. (This means much of my day is spent randomly quacking at Bronwen like a lunatic, but her laugh is musical!)

I was excited to have some crackers in the diaper bag, and Bronwen and I began to feed the masses. (A few stray pigeons happened to be impersonating ducks and got fed as well. We weren't fooled one bit by their strutting and "quacking," but we don't discriminate)


We went home for some more fun outside. It was sunny, so Bronwen borrowed my shades.

Then this morning we got dressed for church. I put shoes on Bronwen for the first time. (Thanks Veronica--they are so cute!) She didn't care for them much, and stepped out of them as soon as she could!
Little stinker! And so proud of herself, too.
The rest of that day was spent baking bread, playing baseball with the neighbors, napping, making candy, and doing laundry. Hope you all had a great one too!

6 comments:

mimi said...

Dearest Bee: You've been so busy this weekend. Mimi planted stuff too - herbs!! Soon I'll have pesto. And I love your shoes. Once you get used to them you'll come to LOVE them. Trust me it's in the blood.....:)

I Love You!

Anonymous said...

Bronwen
You are wearing Mary Jane's like Aunt Jan, although I take my shoes off as soon as I can too :) It looks like you had a fun time with the duckies. We wish we could have been there with you!!
XOXO
Aunt Jan and Uncle Pete

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great weekend! I, too, love a good "Quack, quack, here...quack, quack, there..."

Anonymous said...

Bronwen, I don't know why Mama persists in cropping herself out of the pictures. She's perfectly cute, just like you. If you could see her in the pictures, then the source of your own beautiful features would be blatantly obvious. When you're old enough, don't hesitate to ask me for the original versions of these pics.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love her little dress.

Leslie said...

Mommy-i hope i can be as great as you one day.
Daddy-you're going to make me cry!

You guys are great.