Monday, September 1, 2008

8:00 AM

Hello All!

I've been up since 5, but only because the wind awoke me, and I panicked about the hummingbird feeder we left on the back porch. I brought it in, and of course I couldn't get back to sleep. Around 7 the wind was picking up more, and the rain is spattering against the
windows. Still not too scary.


Bronwen and the cats were keeping an eye out the windows--the cats vacated as soon as Bronwen decided to join them. T.J. was filling the tub in case we don't have water. Bronwen was scared at first, thinking it was bath time. Then she was excited when she realized she didn't have to actually get in!




T.J. cooked us a nice, hot breakfast, and we still have power (obviously). Our a/c is running constantly, and we could probably hang meat in here with no concern for spoilage. TJ is in a sweatshirt and pajama pants, which I find hilarious. It's 75 degrees in the house.
One last video of the weather, one hour later.



I now have to shut down the computer, so if I am quiet for awhile don't be too concerned! You can contact me via cell phone, but once we lose power, I'll have to conserve my batteries.

3 comments:

Babsy said...

It was good to hear your voice. Glad you guys are safe. Take care of my baby.

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope that you all survived the attack of Gustav! Talk to you soon!

Tiff said...

I miss my friend!!!!
I hope all is well!