Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Gardening

New Year's day was a little chilly, so we decided it was the perfect time to embark upon a long-neglected project: our garden. We just wanted to put down a layer of newspaper and pine straw because weeds were overtaking everything. Bronwen was so excited, she did a little dance. (TJ was wearing matching warm-up pants, but his didn't have a pink stripe)Here is the back view:

Here, Bronwen examined a gardenia in need of pruning:
She got the clippers from me, but they were locked the whole time, I promise. Finally looking at the camera:Please ignore how tired I look. I was. The point of this picture is the rainbow that we saw. It was really beautiful but hard to capture on film.

7 comments:

Jana said...

Wow what a pretty rainbow but not as pretty as my sister and Bronwen :) I see that you have her hard at work again.

Tiff said...

I'm sorry you are tired. But I thought it was a pretty picture.

I am disappointed that we didn't get a side-by-side of B and daddy with matching sweats :P

Jen said...

I"ll make sure to get one for you next time!

Leslie said...

I love love love her hair! Too cute

Babsy said...

Great rainbow picture.

Glad you locked the clippers, but it still seems like there was a sharp point on the end. Scary!

Jen said...

NOt that scary--she was supervised the entire 5 minutes she held them.

Heather said...

I love her little gloves. So cute!