Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ride!

I originally went outside to video Bronwen's helping T.J. with a garden project, but naturally she wasn't in the mood to cooperate. Instead, she wanted to play in the sand with her dump truck while T.J. finished cleaning out the wheelbarrow. Then inspiration hit. I asked T.J. how dirty the wheelbarrow was, and he replied, "Not very." Since as of late Bronwen has been asking for rides--in the laundry basket, on towels, on laps--we thought it might be fun to...well, see for yourselves.

She was a tiny bit preoccupied when I turned on the floodlights. At this point the ride had been going on for a good 5 minutes, so the novelty had worn off a bit.



I especially like how T.J. suggests I get in front and walk backwards, holding the video, 7.5 months pregnant, wearing Birkenstock mules. Um. Yeah. I do try, though. I like how I tell her to say "Wheee!" and she says, "Wee." Also, T.J. mentioned how I pull a Costanza and refer to myself in the third person all the time. I actually do--"Mama is going to do this...Come with Mama to the potty....etc." I am trying to say "I" and "Me" more often, which is why I correct myself.



Sorry it's dark--it was almost dinnertime!

5 comments:

Jana said...

WOW it is so much fun at your house. Can TJ give me a ride too?

Jana likes when you refer to yourself in third person :)

mimi said...

Mimi will zoom you around in different rides when Mimi gets there. I couldn't help but notice when TJ was humming in the beginning he sounded eerily just like DjaDja. :0

Anonymous said...

Who needs a stroller?

It reminds me of one of my favorite "'Tucky" memories. When we first moved to Lexington, Rick and I took the kids for a drive to determine what area we'd most like to live in. Well, Windchester, KY is a little...ummm...different. I realized that first hand when I saw a man mowing his yard. He was driving his four-wheeler across the yard, with a push-mower strapped on to the back! Talk about country!

Not to say that you are country...but if I saw you pushing Bronwen around at a park in a wheelbarrow...well...that's a different story!

Anonymous said...

I take extreme offense at your comparison of my humming to Dja Dja. Do you not remember that we won the Thanksgiving Cranium championship due to my exceptional Hum-Dinger skills? I'm confident that Bronwen will defend me passionately against your unfounded insults.

Babsy said...

I love how your mom addresses Bronwen in the 3rd person. Explains where you get it from.