Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Wheels on the Bus

I have a link to the blog "No Time for Flashcards," an awesome site listing activities for young kids. I have been meaning to start some daily projects with Bronwen, and the Valentine was the first. That same day we made the letter F with feathers just because Bronwen was having such fun with her art project and didn't want to stop (I chose "F" because it is the first letter she learned, and she points it out all the time).

For the past few months, Bronwen has taken a decidedly enthusiastic interest in anything that has to do with buses, specifically yellow school buses. She loves the song "The Wheels on the Bus," does the motions, and waits each afternoon outside to watch the bus drop off the kids at the corner. I found an activity that had to do with making a bus, and on Friday, it became Bronwen's art project. I was going to use yellow construction paper, but I was all out (used the last page for the "F" wouldn't you know?), so we improvised. I think she liked it better because she got to paint again, and who doesn't love painting?

I did my best to draw a basic bus shape. Obviously I am not the artist of the family--Aunt Jana will have to help out when she comes down in May.

Bronwen finishes her bus by gluing on the windows, door, and wheels.Completed project! Please ignore the magnets. I think it turned out really great -- she isn't even 2 yet!

4 comments:

Jana said...

WOW! I think it is better because she painted it!!! That is an amazing bus.

Fantastic F as well.
I can't wait to make some art with you in May.

XOXO

Tiff said...

Yay! That looks like so much fun! Hey... Fun begins with "F"!

The bus looks great! I hope the driver waves to you when he/she goes by! I love waving to the wee ones who watch the bus go by :)

Anonymous said...

That's great! She's definitely an artist.

mimi said...

Frankly, I feel Bronwen finished the bus fabulously. Fun for all!

Mimi