Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Good Night

Bronwen just came running up to me tonight, wearing her ballerina PJs, and gave me a big hug good night. She said, "Good night Mama Duck", and I said, "Good night ballerina Duck." She looked at me and said, "I am just a baby duck." I asked her, "Do you know who gave you those pajamas?" She said, "Mimi did." I told her, "Yes she did, for Christmas." Bronwen thought and said, "Happy Valentine's Day!" and I said, "Happy Valentine's day to you, too." Then I inquired if she knew what tomorrow was. She said, "Sunday!" I said, "No, it's Thursday and it's my birthday." She replied, "Why is it?" To which I said, "It just is." She looks up at me with her big eyes and asks, "Are you going to wear a birthday hat?"

I just might, baby duck, I just might.

2 comments:

Jana said...

She is so full of sweetness! Can't wait to see your birthday hat :)

Anonymous said...

Sweetest story ever! I'm teary-eyed!