Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pride

For months now I have been explaining to Bronwen that if she needs to use the bathroom in the morning, she doesn't have to call me; she can just leave her room, use the potty, and go back to her room. (Such a good kid, not leaving her room until I get her!)

Finally on Saturday, I was reading in bed, and I heard a little commotion from her doorknob turning. I just stayed in bed, listening intently. I heard her put her potty seat on the toilet, use it, take the seat off, flush, and go back to her room. It was such a proud moment for me.

She did it again this morning. When I told her how proud I was/am of her, she matter-of-factly replied: "I am so grown up."

Yes, yes, she is.

6 comments:

Tiff said...

Go Bronwen, go!

BTW~I just read your Lillypie tickertape for the bun... um, it's very informative :)

mimi said...

WOW! Why didn't you and Jana do stuff like that?

Jana said...

Yeah Bronwen!!!

Mimi- We need to discuss your memory. I believe we would have to wake you up to take us to school...

Jen said...

You know, Sister, you are right. We made our own lunches, got ready, unloaded the dishwasher, then had to wake up Sleeping Beauty...

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! It's moments like those that make me smile!

mimi said...

Sheesh, it's not like you were 3 or 4. That only happened once you were able to go to Kindergarten!