Saturday, February 20, 2010

Funny Randomness

Our cat Cassie loves hanging out in and around our bathtub. This is her preferred corner, and it freaks me out every time, especially if I am going to the bathroom, which is over to the right of the pic, and she turns her head to watch me. Creepy...
This morning I went in to get Bronwen--sweetest child still has not figured out she can leave her room in the morning. Well, either that or she is just happy playing alone. Hm. Reminds me of someone. Can't think of whom right now... Anyhow, I heard her talking in there and ventured in. She handed me a plastic envelope (her new panties came in it) full of torn up pieces of some play cards she has. I looked at her and said, "Why did you tear up your cards?" I asked in a quizzical way, not in a mad way, because quite frankly I was getting tired of these card everywhere anyhow. She looks at me and says, "I was trying to recycle them." My reply: "Well Bronwen, recycling is taking something old and making something new out of it, and you tore these cards to pieces." She looks at me expectantly and says, "Well, make something new Mama."


And finally, Lila has really been in to taking things and putting them in containers. In fact, I am impressed with her fine motor skills. She takes fairly small toys and puts them in small canisters, then dumps them out and does it again. I wasn't overly surprised when she started attacking my laundry, taking it out of the basket. When I tried to get it on video, however, she was no longer interested in the game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cutest story ever and adorable video! Gotta love those kids who know what they want and go after it!!!