Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12

Went to the Gymboree Valentine's Day party tonight. Bronwen is so much like me, it is scary. She was intimidated by all the people there; she hung back and didn't want to participate. I wanted so badly for her to just relax, but no such luck. Still, she loosened up once she got a cookie and juice.

After the snack she got a plastic ring and used it like a steering wheel. I sat beside her and asked her where we were driving. She said, "We're going to New Orleans. The Big Easy."

I managed to keep a straight face.

5 comments:

Tiff said...

(No, I won't comment on how it says 'January')
So Bronwen is like you in that you loosen up after a juice and a cookie?
I love it when they repeat things they don't really understand.

Jen said...

Oh, you just did! I fixed it--my mind is slipping; T.J. has been out of town for almost a week and was supposed to be back that night. His flight was canceled, so he won't be home until tomorrow. I was kind of going a little crazy.

Thanks, Tiff.

Jen said...

Oh, and it depends on what kind of "juice" you're talking about.

Jana said...

She should be a hit at Mardi Gras...

Leslie said...

Cannot wait until Gracie starts talking...