Friday, June 17, 2011

A Gift from John Denver

As most of you know, Bronwen has carried a torch for John Denver since she was about two and a half. Even after turning the ripe old age of four, she still believes she is going to marry him when she grows up.

Tonight before violin practice she informed me that JD was coming over to hear her play. She also mentioned that he was bringing his violin too. Sure enough, his plane landed outside, and he arrived!

She asked him which songs he wanted to hear her play and she graciously obliged. After practice, she ran around the house giving him a tour.

I was cleaning the kitchen when she came up to me with her two hands cupped telling me JD gave her a gift. I asked her what it was and she said, "It's the gift of love!" I was a little speechless and told her to go show her daddy, and she told me she couldn't. Then she said, "I'll just keep it in my heart."

Oh, also, she and JD are going to go camping after they get married, and I am invited to go along.

2 comments:

mimi said...

For some strange reason I believe he was really there!

Jana said...

I was I impressed you let him sleep in her bed ;)