Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baptism

Lila and three of her cousins were baptised this weekend. Although T.J., Bronwen, Lila, and I faced some obstacles in getting to the church on time, we still managed to make it despite leaving late, stopping for fuel, filling up a diaper, leaking all over the car seat, changing into new clothes, and finding parking in the shade...

Here I am with Lila. Her gown is the one my mom made for Jana when she was baptised 33 years ago. I also wore it for my christening.

Lila was an angel for the entire ceremony. Here is the actual sprinkling of the holy water, as her godmother stands ready with the towel.Lila and I after the anointing with the oil:
All the newly baptised; Lila is on the far left.
Becky, Jill, Lila, and I enjoy the warm weather outside. Jill is pregnant with her first--she looks great; you can't even see her cute baby bump in the picture!Lila's godparents:
Big sister Bronwen plays around outside:Finally, at the end of the day, we get a family photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful weekend! I'm so glad that everything worked out so well!

And I love the beautiful christening gown that Lila wore!

Jana said...

I was not baptized 33 years ago. It has been barely 25 :)