Monday, April 20, 2009

First Day All Alone

To be fair, I am never "all alone" at this point...
The day started out pretty smoothly--Lila was hungry at 5:45, so I fed her, and we both got back to sleep. I awoke again at 7, listened for Bronwen, didn't hear her, and jumped into the shower. I had time to get dressed, put on some make-up, and get the coffee brewing, still hearing nothing from Bronwen. I was thinking how lucky I was that she decided to sleep in a bit.

I was combing out my hair when I heard an odd noise. I thought I might need to find a baseball bat (which I do not have) when I saw T.J. in the kitchen. He hadn't left for work when I was sleeping, as I had presumed! He had been playing (silently, I guess) with Bronwen for almost an hour!

So much for doing it all on my own today.

Still, he departed at 7:30, and we've been doing just fine as you can see.

Bronwen decided to color after her breakfast--I did not prompt her in any way when I asked her what she wanted to draw. She came up with this on her own!



While Bronwen played, Lila tried out her swing for the first time. It seemed she liked it!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Good luck today! I know it will go well.
And worst case, Mr. Aaron is across the street to help out, ha!

Jana said...

Yikes, in a million years I would have never come up with St. Patrick. I am amazed at your ginormus brain, Bronwen. I see I am going to have to brush up on my faces of saints for my visit. I was excited to see that Lila might look a tiny bit like a certain aunt :P

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Bronwen (and mommy) seem to be adjusting to "life with baby #2" perfectly fine! I knew they would!

Daddy said...

Jana, I agree that Bronwen is smarter than any of us can possibly know. However, it sometimes gets to her head and she thinks she can pull a fast one. Case in point: today, she tried to convince me that an old man in an orange hat and thick 60s style glasses was St. Patrick. She simply needs to learn the limits of how far her superior intellect can carry her powers of persuasion.

Jana said...

You know if I was St. Patrick trying to keep it on the downlown I would total rock an orange hat and 60's style glasses. Orange is the third color of the Irish flag...

Tiff said...

Hooray for the Irish :)
I liked listening to Lila's cooing...