Thursday, March 18, 2010

Swamp Adventure III

Our Swamp class this week focused on mushrooms. We started class just coloring some pictures of mushrooms, then we got to work on our project. The kids sponge-painted a piece of fabric. The teacher called it a placemat, but since it's washable paint, I don't think it is feasible to use it as such, since I can't wash it.
We went on the usual walk through the woods where we got to see all sorts of mushrooms. Miss Kate, the teacher, found this awesome snail--a rosy wolf snail. I loved that Bronwen got to see her teacher wasn't afraid to pick it up!
After our long walk, we returned for our "mushroom snack," which was a muffin (supposed to resemble a mushroom, a tasty stretch). I like how Bronwen drinks her juice box with her pinky up.
And finally, Bronwen shows off her masterpiece!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Wow what a cool snail. I think this post would have been better if there was a snake :)

Tiff said...

I LOVE the mushroom print. It would like some groovy sheets with that print!
The juice box pic makes me smile ;)