Friday, September 28, 2007

Back by Popular Demand

Thanks to Aunt Jan for the "Popular Demand..."

Whew, it has been a busy week! I have been remiss in updating Bronwen's blog, despite her constant nagging to do so. We have just been running around ragged. She is a great helper, first in directing me in making fondue, and then in how to properly separate the laundry. Thanks to a super baby for making household chores fun and exciting! I never knew I could balance a baby, basket of clothes, and laundry detergent all at once.


Now, to current developments--my day begins not with a bang but with a whimper. Okay, sometimes with a "bang" as well. Bronwen has been inconsistent in her sleeping habits. Right when I think we have the routine down pat, bang! She is awake at midnight and ready to play. Of course, it doesn't help that her daddy thought it was 6 am and actually changed her diaper, thereby ensuring her complete "awakeness." Poor TJ--I have been enlisting his help in the wee hours and each time I poke him to tend to the baby, he seems to think it is 6 am. It could be 12am, 2am, 4am, doesn't matter. To TJ it is eternally 6am. This tells you something: Up until this point, I was nice enough to always let him sleep until 6. My mistake. His level of deep slumber is amazing--I even caught him trying to turn off his alarm at 4:30 when in actuality it was Bronwen's crying from the monitor. I think it has something to do with his inadvertently putting the radio on a country music station. It does indeed resemble a baby's wailing on occasion.

Bronwen has been busily learning how to use her "Johnny Jump-up" that Uncle Scott and Aunt Kadee let us borrow. It took her about 5 minutes before she figured it out, and she is now a pro!
Back View:


Front View:

Drool View:


Finally, Pepper's Coaching View:


It is nice to have something new to add to our activity options. She has perfecting the rolling over technique--always rolling to the right. (That's my girl!) That pesky right arm gets in the way, but she manages to work past the obstacle and get to the tummy in 2.3 seconds flat. I am now waiting for her to figure out that if she rolls from her tummy to her back, she will possess the ability to travel. Luckily, she doesn't seem to want to move to her back once she is in the tummy position, so for now I am still able to control her location.

The weather has been so beautiful, we have been taking walks again. I have finally put her in the stroller facing outward--instead of in her car seat facing me--and she is loving the feel of the wind in her toes. I shall take a picture on our next outing, but it won't be today, as it is raining.

This weekend will be a busy one, so I should have much more to share Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby B bounce to me!!!
You are as pretty as ever. I am glad that you are helping your mom with laundry as she doesn't have the Aunt Jan lanundry service anymore :)

I can't wait to hear about your weekend.
I miss you both and Pepper too.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!