Tuesday, May 13, 2008

100th Post

Seems fitting that this should be published on the anniversary of my Bronwen's birth. I normally keep the tone light and playful on this blog, but I do want to take a moment to reflect on the past year. Giving birth to such a beautiful, wonderful, joyful baby is the single greatest accomplishment of my life. I never knew a piece of my soul was missing until I laid eyes on my baby for the first time. She has taught me so much in the past year. She has taken my heart and made it bigger and better--tears are sweeter, love is deeper, and my life has more happiness than I ever could have imagined. I love you, my dearest Bronwen. You have given me the best gift I could ever hope to receive; the privilege and honor of being a mom, even better, your mom. Happy birthday, and here's to hoping for 100 more birthdays to come!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Bronwen for being brought up by such an amazing mommy. Congratulations to Jen for making it through the first year and maintaining your sanity (for the most part)!

Anonymous said...

Ok so Aunt Jan is crying at work...

I want to wish you the happiest birthday ever!

Unfortunately I have a meeting this morning so I will leave it at that for the moment. I will be back to write you a lovely post I promise.

But let me be the first in the comments *hopefully* to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I love you more everyday.

XOXO,
Aunt Jan

ps. Thank you Jen and TJ for giving me the best niece ever :)

mimi said...

To Our Dearest Bronwen on her first birthday:
Everything your sweetest Mother said is echoed in our hearts. Like your Aunt Jan, I sit here with tears once again running down my face, but my smile couldn't be broader. You have brought so much joy and happiness to all of us and it happened the instant we saw that gorgeous little face with the smile from heaven.

God has blessed you already with the best Mama and Daddy ever. We pray that He will give you every grace to lead a beautiful life.

You are loved beyond everything!

Your Mimi and DjaDja XOXOXOX

Allyson said...

Happy Birthday Bronwen!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bronwen!
I can't wait to come and see you in person. I am sick of hearing all about you and never seeing how cute you are in person. It is too hot in LA for me so get your butt to New Jersey and see me. I will let you hit me in my bald head.
Love,
Uncle Pete

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to both Mom and Bronwen--for without one neither would be possible--Oh yeah, and TJ too, of course :) Enjoy the day and many more to come.
XXX OOO XXX OOO
Laura and My Crew

Anonymous said...

Bronwen,
I have never seen a little face that can make me smile more and make my heart happier. I look forward to hearing, reading, and seeing all of the things that you learn and I look forward to the day that I hear your sweet voice say Sparkles as I slip you a Finn :)

Thank you for being made of awesome.

XOXO
Aunt Jan

Heather said...

Congratulations on Bronwen's first birthday. And as a new mom, I appreciate and can totally relate to what you wrote.

Leslie said...

Wow, i've missed so much not checking everyday...

Happy Birthday, B! Can't wait to splash around in that pool with you :)