Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Congrats to T.J.!

We had an extremely busy weekend, starting Friday with graduation. I was worried that Bronwen was too little for the graduation ceremony, but I have to admit she handled herself like a champ. I came prepared, of course, with a packed lunch for Bronwen and the rest of us. Two slices of turkey, a slice of bread, 6 grapes, and an assortment of Cheerios and graham crackers later, Bronwen was as happy as could be. Of course we had to wait about an hour for the ceremony to begin, and right around that time, her patience was wearing thin. She started walking back and forth, hanging on to the seats in front. This lasted until she fell in the crack between the rows and started to cry (just a little). I scooped her up, whisked her to the back of the stadium and managed to watch T.J. walk across the stage. After that, Bronwen, Mimi, and I went outside to visit Mike the tiger and play until graduation was over. T.J. looked mighty handsome in his cap and gown!

Here we are in front of the tiger cage. I look pregnant, but I'm not. (Note to self: suck in the belly)Since Mike was taking a nap, we took a picture by the tiger statue.I was happy to have Mom and Dad there to share the day. Mom was also invaluable in keeping Bronwen entertained when she grew bored with me. Dad enjoyed giving her a ride on his shoulders as she told us all how old she now is!









After graduation, we headed home to relax and grab a nap. Sadly, the nap part didn't happen for any of us. We then continued onward to BeeBee and PapaDoc's house for the graduation celebration. Bronwen had a great time playing in the grass.



Smelling the flowers with MiMi:

On the swing with Dja Dja:At dinner:and finally, with the graduate and the guests.

Georgia posed by my carrot cake right before TJ helped her cut into it.





It was a great party! Stay tuned for the report of birthday shenanigans.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Busy! Busy! Did you make the LSU cake? It looks professional!
And you DON'T LOOK PREGNANT! (Crazy!) I still love watching that little girl smile!

Leslie said...

Yes. Awesome cake!

mimi said...

Dearest Bronwen: DjaDja and I are so proud of your Daddy. I held you and told you just how proud we'd be of you one day too when you walk the walk. Your BeeBee and PapaDoc had a wonderful reception at their home and the food was fabulous. Your Mama worked extra hard as a baker that week, and Daddy's carrot cake was a big success. What a beautiful day we all had. I miss you so much! Your Mimi

Anonymous said...

You know, Mr. Mike has a picture just like the first only, he is the grad, and I am the wee one in his arms. :)
Congrats, TJ!