Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Splish Splash--Pt II

Now where was I? Oh yes, I was recounting our fun day in the pool, and then I got side-tracked with the avalanche of commentary concerning T.J.'s skin color. Yes, he is white. But as I replied in the comments, white is the new tan, folks! There is a reason all those skin doctors are pushing the sunscreen. Bronwen even sports a sun hat to keep out the harmful rays.

Okay, so there we were, playing in the pool with Bronwen. She got parched after a spell, and showed off her standing skills while taking a break for libation. Mr. Meow watched from a distance.After her thirst had been quenched, Bronwen decided that it was time (at last!) to check out the swing that Ronnie and Donalyn gave to her. We'd tried a couple of times to get her interested, but she had been reluctant to embrace the fun, and this past weekend she bid farewell to the fear and realized that she loved her swing!

Bronwen decided after a bit to go back to the pool. It is amazing how an empty bottle and water can be so entertaining. I had to call her several times to get her attention. "What Mama? I'm busy here!"
While I was busily playing paparazzo, T.J. was being a slave to the grill. He made sliders, 2 types of chicken (one involved injecting the breasts with apple butter and rum), and sausages. Paired with a frosty adult beverage, lunch was delicious! I am getting hungry now just remembering.

We hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend as well!

5 comments:

mimi said...

Dear Bronwen, you are having too much fun in the sun! Just wait till you see the ocean!! Even though your Daddy could use SOME color (I worry about his Vitamin D absorption) you look just fine and I'm glad your Mama is taking precautions with your ivory skin.
How I miss those kisses!!

PS: stay away from the adult beverages. I noticed in some pictures you were awfully close!

I love you!!! MIMI

Anonymous said...

hmmm perhaps we need to swap grill spectacular recipes :) That chicken sounds fab.

Wow Bronwen, that swing looks like loads and loads of fun. I would have a hard time making choices with all of the fun activities you have in your yard!!!

I am jealous of your plastic bottle. All that gave me was a pink elephant...

Heather said...

Babies + Water = Fun

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you are recycling by using your bottles as pool toys!
BTW, I love your floppy hat. Mr. Grandfossil wears one, too!

Aunt Kadee said...

Bronwen, your hat is precious, and that swing looks so fun. Don't forget your hat and suit when you come for "Cousin Camp" in July. Love, Aunt Kadee

P.S. Jenny, I like the new blog name just fine :)