Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Crawfish Boil

Thank you to Doug, Lori, and Leslie for an amazing Sunday afternoon! In celebration of Leslie's __th birthday (censored to protect the innocent, namely me), her mom and dad came into town and brought with them copious amounts of crawfish. Thank you also to the guy on the side of the road that sold them that second sack...yum....


We came over early, about 2:00 or so. Bronwen explored Leslie's non-childproofed abode. Then we journeyed outside where Doug set to work cleaning the crawfish. We couldn't find Bronwen for a long time--she loves hiding...Leslie, Lori, and I supervised, adult beverages in hand. Bronwen was hanging out, having a ball.Once the crawfish were ready, we set to work on the difficult task of discovering the very limits of what our gastrointestinal tracts could handle. We met those limits, and some of us exceeded them.
Bronwen loved the crawfish--more so looking at them then eating.
What she loved eating was the watermelon. More pictures of that coming soon.

Bronwen did try to do her part at the end of the day--she helped clean the pot!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So who had more fun? Mommy or baby? It looks like a tough call!

mimi said...

Indentured child labor; attempted cooking in pot; stuffing face with crustaceans; parental units drinking or otherwise unseen;

What more proof dear Bronwen that Mimi MUST come and rescue you before you have too much fun!!!!

I love you (and I am rather jealous) ;)

Jen said...

Indentured labor--nothing! She was volunteering her assistance, in a pot that was on no burner and had bubbles in the bottom, eating delicious foods, and playing with parental units close at hand at all times; I would say that Bronwen is right where she belongs! Although she does miss her Mimi, Dja Dja and Aunt Jan.

Anonymous said...

Bronwen,
I think playing in a pot looks like loads of fun. I wish I had thought of it when I was a baby. Instead I just made a lot of noise banging on them instead. I don't have a pot that big but I bet I could find fun things for you to do in NJ. I do have lots and lots of books and magazines :)

I miss you!!
Love,
Aunt Jan

ps beware of Sparkles she will take you to the mall :)
pps sorry it has taken me so long to comment I was flying through the air.

Anonymous said...

I thought that was how people in LA gave their babies a bath??? After a good crawfish boil, you have a nice pot of warm water...I thought it just made good sense :)