Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Birthday Party!

Such a great day to have a party--warm, sunny, and not too humid. Dad and T.J. set up the tents and pools, Mom and I got the food ready. I was especially proud of the duck cake that I made--the bathtub was a rich, dark chocolate (first time making the recipe but definitely NOT the last!) and the duck was a lemon pound cake. I think I'll let the pictures tell the rest.

Getting Ready:
The decorations:Sign says, "Caution, duck crossing"(Note the duck feet across the sidewalk)
Bronwen in the suit Aunt Kadee, Uncle Scott, and the girls gave her:
Some of the guests:Great picture of Natalie kissing a duckThe pools seemed to be a hit!

(It got too hot outside for some)

The cake:I actually wrote her name on it--not too misshapen, I thought! Aunt Jana and Uncle Pete sent the yellow roses:Singing "Happy Birthday":

Tasting the cake:I think she liked it!The gifts:Finally, the birthday girl with her Daddy.
After all the guests left, Bronwen slept for two and a half hours. I think she had a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! And I thought that TJ's cake was amazing! You definitely did an amazing job with this party! You should have charged admission!

Anonymous said...

what a fun party! I wish I could have been there. the pool looks like a lot of fun!!

Sister, I will call Duff and see if I can get you an interview!

I love you big girl.
Xoxo
Aunt Jan

mimi said...

Dearest Bronwen: I must tell you just how hard your Mama worked to give you such a wonderful party. The food was fabulous and it took her the better part of 2 days to make that scrumptous cake. She had a list to follow and worked from dusk 'til dawn. Everyone she invited came (except for the out of towners), so you must know just how much everyone loves you. I loved all of your kisses and smiles. I hope you like the book I made for you. All my love, MIMI

Babsy said...

Bronwen,
I had a blast at your party! Thanks for inviting me. Hope you enjoy the matching game.

-cheechee