Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Comments

Hello my dear Blog readers! My friend Barbara and I were discussing how we really enjoy blogging, not for the intrinsic satisfaction of a job well-done, or for the joy of creating something to save (perhaps?) for posterity, but simply because we crave validation, attention, and most importantly comments! I hope my semi-dry sarcasm reads well there. I am kind of kidding; "kind of" because I really do love blogging, but I also really want more reader participation.

Anyhow, what I am trying to say, is I love comments and feedback. I plan on saving this blog for Bronwen with the comments included. I see via my tracker that there are people who visit daily, all over the country, but just pop in, see what's happenin', and skirt out again with nary a word. (As an aside, thank you to all who leave comments! They are all appreciated!) It occurs to me that many don't want to sign up for Google, are technologically impaired, or don't understand how to leave a comment without an account. If this applies to you, just click on comments below the post, click on the circle beside "Anonymous" and leave a comment. I do ask that you sign your name, though, just so I know who has written. The comment will not immediately appear, because it gets emailed to me for approval.

If you don't leave commentary because you don't think you're funny, or you believe only have lame things to say, try anyway. I still have supreme authority not to publish your comments if I find them lame or inappropriate. (this has only happened once, ahem Mom.)

If you are just swinging by and have no idea who we are, feel free to just let me know how sweet Bronwen is.

Okay, I'll step off my soapbox now. And to all you guys who check each day and try to send me comments here and there--once again thanks and keep them coming!

If you have something to add--please feel free to...comment. Let me know why you don't comment, can't comment, or have nothing to say. If you just want to practice, that's okay too. Like I said, I don't have to publish every comment I receive. Hm. I wonder what I should title this entry? Any ideas?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that I hate commenting, since I so rarely share my opinions. *grin* And I know that I *NEVER* check back 325 times to see if anyone else has commented. I am NOT a stalker.

Babsy said...

Amen, sista.

Good soap box speech.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post...I believe that most bloggers feel this same way. I know that I do!

Title...My Soap Box Blues

Leslie said...

So i tried to friggin' comment on the "comment" post and blogger pooped out:(
Anywho-amen to the comment validation. Damn firewall is keeping me from it lately.
I really loved it when you mentioned me in your post! That is the best.

Anonymous said...

My mom recently checked out your blog, and I gave her instruction on how to leave a comment. So maybe Rita will leave a comment soon. ;)
I think it's a wonderful way to keep a different kind of "scrapbook" for Bronwen.
Hope to see you sometime soon!

Dja Dja said...

I visit the blog often to check on Bronwen's growth and smile. It is hard to compete with Mimi, Jan, and you for humor filled comments.
So I just visit to enjoy.