Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Play Date

This afternoon we went to play with Bronwen's friend Owen. Owen was born a week after Bronwen, and as I said before, is a bit on the stoic side. Little did we know that there would be 4 other kids there. It was a little crazy, as some of the kids were around 2, and much better at walking. Still, Bronwen held her own just fine, enjoying eating half of a banana, sipping a fruit smoothie, and contentedly playing by herself most of the time.

She must take after me--finding a quiet corner to contemplate life.Here is Bronwen playing with Owen, or perhaps just beside him.Bronwen plays a game of peek-a-boo through the book's cutout.I really like the ethereal light in this picture.The best part of the play date was the trip home; as Barbara can attest (she was on the phone with me) Bronwen just giggled over nothing the entire way home. Nonstop. It was hilarious.

4 comments:

Babsy said...

Yes, I can confirm that if you give a baby a smoothie full o' sugar...they laugh at everything.

mimi said...

She was probably giggling at her brilliance playing hard to get! Or possibly, like her Mama and Mimi, she found much happiness just being by herself and far from the madding crowd.

Anonymous said...

What else was in that smoothie...hmmm?

Looks like she had a blast!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Bronwen all by herself!!! Boy does that look familar to me. :)

I am glad that you had fun with the other kiddos. Now come over and have a playdate with me.

XOXO,
Aunt Jan