Monday, June 16, 2008

Playing in the Yard

In the evenings once it cools down a bit, we like to go outside and play before dinner. Bronwen is finally interested in the other aspects of her swing set--the slide, ladder, and steering wheel. Why one would put a steering wheel on a stationary object, I have no idea. Bronwen realized she wasn't steering it anywhere after about 30 seconds. Still, she had fun standing there while I sang the theme song from "Gilligan's Island." You all are singing it in your heads now, aren't you? "A three hour tour...a three hour tour..."She got bored pretty quickly and moved on to the garden, helping me once again with my weeding. Our definitions of what constitutes a "weed" are quite opposite, but I figure she can pick whatever she wants, so long as she doesn't ingest it.Finally, we gazed at the purple martin babies, sticking their heads out of the house (you can see two here. Then on the other side of the house we saw a daddy martin bringing dinner for the babies. You can click on the pictures to make them larger. See, Tiff, we have babies too!

3 comments:

mimi said...

Hmmm, discussing weather, gardens and birds....except for the presence of one cutie pie, sounds familiar.

Anonymous said...

Bronwen,
Your yard looks like a lot of fun. I will have to come over and play with you. I have many gardens you can weed once you practice on your momma's :)

I love you
Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

Baby birds are fun... just wait until you get to watch them fly for the first time!